How You Can Help
Would you like to be a voice for a person living with sickle cell? Join the Sickle Cell Advocates of Greater Baton Rouge!
Sickle Cell Advocates
This group of community minded individuals are advocates that would like to see policy changes for people living with sickle cell. If you would like to be apart of “change” that will make a difference, please contact us today.
- Talk to your local officials and ask for non-profit/community development dollars to advance the services of people living with sickle cell.
- Talk to your state legislators about putting in a budget for a comprehensive plan for sickle cell disease research and care that will establish a statewide collaborative effort.
- Talk to your federal legislators about establishing funding for sickle cell disease that will address the adult population health care delivery of services and more research dollars for sickle cell testing.
- Coordinate writing campaigns to elected officials to help with funding for sickle cell disease.
- Coordinate blood drives for people living with sickle cell.
- Coordinate bone marrow testing for people living with sickle cell.
- Coordinate sickle cell testing for the general public.
- Clerical Assistance, Tutoring, Mentoring, Special Event, etc WORKPLACE GIVING
- Provide an opportunity for employee giving through payroll deductions. Show your employees you support their charitable causes by offering or increasing contributions with a company match.
SPONSOR AN EVENT
Consider sponsoring an event at your church, school, or business to raise funds for sickle cell disease.
SICKLE CELL WISH LIST
- Non-perishable Food Baskets for families (November-December)
- Financial donations
- Educational Toys for Children 0-10 (all year)
- Learning tools-workbooks, etc… (children 0-18)
- Slipper socks for 0-adults
- Light weight blankets (new)