Jesse Douglas Education Resource library
Do you want to learn more about Sickle Cell Disease? Well you are in luck we have educational material at our Jesse Douglas Education Resource Library. Your donations help fund our resourceful library!
- Read Scholarship definition and review application.
- Gather your data.
- Contact your references as soon as possible.
- Highlight your achievements and promote yourself.
- Do a rough draft of your essay.
- Be specific and give examples in your essay.
- Review and rewrite your essay.
- Proofread essay for typographical and grammatical errors.
- Please include all requested documentation with completed application (no information will be accepted under separate cover).
- Submit 5 X 7 photograph with application. NOTE: ONLY HEADSHOT PHOTOGRAPHS WILL BE ACCEPTED (Photographs will not be returned and may be used for publications).
- Make certain that counselor’s reference and high school transcript are received in a sealed, untampered school envelope.
- Do not submit information that has not been requested.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
Scholarship Awarded: July 14, 2023
Purpose: To provide financial assistance to a sickle cell client who would like to continue their education after high school.
Number of Award: One award starting at $500 will be given for the fall semester.
- Graduating high school seniors
- Individual with sickle cell disease (individuals with sickle cell trait are not eligible)
- A member of Sickle Cell of South Louisiana
- Grade Point Average: Minimum of 2.0
- Community Service
- Quality of Essay
Essay Topic: Candidates will be asked to write a personal essay, not to exceed 500 words, on any aspect of the impact of sickle cell disease on their lives or on society.
Contact the office to get the full application. 225.346.8434 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming soon …
Coming soon …
© 2008-2021 The Sickle Cell Association of South Louisiana is a not-for-profit organization recognized as tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3). Our mission is to bring hope to families in south Louisiana affected by this devastating disease.
- Clerical Assistance, Tutoring, Mentoring, Special Event, etc WORKPLACE GIVING
- Provide an opportunity for employee giving through payroll deductions.
Sponsor An Event
Consider sponsoring an event at your church, school, or business to raise funds for sickle cell disease.