SICKLE CELL ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH LOUISIANA, INC.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Sickle Cell Association of South Louisiana, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Association”) publishes this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) to obtain Statements of Qualification from interested individuals for the position of Interim Executive Director (hereafter referred to as the “Director”).
The Association desire to hire a qualified individual to fulfill the role of Interim Executive Director for a period not to exceed 180 days. This individual shall be selected and employed by the Association with approval of the Board of Directors.
The Director will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Association and have such other authority as may be determined by the Board of Directors, including but not limited to:
- Being responsible for the administration of the Association’s office headquarters and employing such other staff, personnel, contractors, or securing volunteers as may be necessary, with approval of the Board of Directors in accordance with the personnel standards and budget of the Association
- Carrying out the plans and policies authorized by the Association and submit plans for strengthening and improving the finances, administration, and outreach of the Association
- Maintaining the Association’s records and documents and conducting official correspondence of the Association; being responsible for collections and accounts, in conjunction with the Board Treasure, and depositing all monies as directed by the Board of Directors
- Procuring financial resources and directing staff as it relates to continuing and ongoing grant reporting obligations of the Association
- Acting as a liaison with business and legislative communities
- The Director shall provide monthly written reports to the board and any other report upon request
- The Director shall be an ex-officio member of all standing committees and shall furnish information and assistance to all committees as requested.
Interested individuals should possess the following qualifications:
- Strong leadership abilities
- High level of strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to convey the organization’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations
- Solid organization, financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Track record of pursuing or securing state, federal, and private grants, preferably grants administered through Departments of Health and/or for the public health benefit and grants pertaining to sickle cell disease advocacy and support
- It is preferred that any candidate for the position of Interim Executive Director of the Association posses strong knowledge and sensibilities regarding the challenges, treatment, advocacy, and support surrounding Sickle Cell Disease.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest, a current resume and other supporting documentation including references/recommendations to the Association via email at: email@example.com no later than Wednesday, June 6, 2020 by 4:00pm CST. Once received, candidates deemed qualified by the Association’s Board, will be contacted to set up an interview. Any and all inquires pertaining to this RFQ must be submitted in writing to the Board of Directors using the same email address. All written inquires must be received no later than Wednesday, May 29, 2020 by 4:00pm CST.
The Sickle Cell Association of South Louisiana, Inc. is a Louisiana Non-Profit Corporation, and was established in 1974 as the Baton Rouge Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation, Inc. to provide support and advocacy for people living with Sickle Cell Disease. The Association seeks to provide financial and advocacy supportive service to persons diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease, provides treatment support to enhance the quality of life for those suffering from the Sickle Cell Disease, and educates the general public about Sickle Cell Disease. Sickle Cell Association of South Louisiana serves individual’s living with Sickle Cell Disease in the southern region of Louisiana Regions: 1,2,3,4, and 9.