Aireus J. Taylor Scholarship
- Read Scholarship definition and review application.
- Gather your data.
- Contact your references as soon as possible.
- Highlight your achievements and promote yourself.
- Do a rough draft of your essay.
- Be specific and give examples in your essay.
- Review and rewrite your essay.
- Proofread essay for typographical and grammatical errors.
- Please include all requested documentation with completed application (no information will be accepted under separate cover).
- Submit 5 X 7 photograph with application. NOTE: ONLY HEADSHOT PHOTOGRAPHS WILL BE ACCEPTED (Photographs will not be returned and may be used for publications).
- Make certain that counselor’s reference and high school transcript are received in a sealed, untampered school envelope.
- Do not submit information that has not been requested.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2021
Scholarship Awarded: May 3, 2021
Purpose: To provide financial assistance to a sickle cell client who would like to continue their education after high school.
Number of Award: One award will be given at $500.00 for the fall semester.
- Graduating high school seniors
- Individual with sickle cell disease (individuals with sickle cell trait are not eligible)
- A member of Sickle Cell of South Louisiana
- Grade Point Average: Minimum of 2.0
- Community Service
- Quality of Essay
Essay Topic: Candidates will be asked to write a personal essay, not to exceed 500 words, on any aspect of the impact of sickle cell disease on their lives or on society.
Contact the office to get the full application. 225.346.8434 or via email email@example.com